- Forty-four graduate students received teaching enhancement scholarships from the Winthrop-King Institute in 2017-2018.
- Seventeen French graduate students had their tuition fees covered by the Winthrop-King Institute in 2017-2018.
- Fifteen undergraduate students received a $6,000 summer study abroad scholarship in 2017-2018.
- Six graduate students have received funding from the Winthrop-King Institute in 2017-2018 to present at both national and international conferences.
- Four graduate students received funding from the Winthrop-King Institute in 2017-2018 to travel to foreign countries to conduct academic research. Countries such as Haiti, France, Spain, and Mexico.
- More than three hundred fifty-five followers of our Facebook page. page: www.facebook.com/winthropking
- More than one thousand views of our YouTube channel. The channel contains interviews with the institute guest speakers, lectures and roundtable recordings. A great resource for scholars and students: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeeBzkkER-TAzkVnqFuiWGw
- Three high school students have received awards from the Winthrop-King Institute in academic year 2017-2018 to travel to French speaking countries in order to improve their French linguistic and cultural knowledge.
- Three special issues of peer-reviewed journals drawn from Winthrop-King conferences were published in 2017-2018.
- Twenty – five faculty members in the department received awards from the Institute to present at national and international conferences.
- The Winthrop-King institute is now offering $ 5,000 ABD scholarship to students in the French program to dedicate the summer to research. Three awardees benefited from the scholarship in summer 2018.
- The Winthrop King Institute organized three major international conferences.
- The Winthrop-King institute sponsored four lectures and one film screening in the Modern Languages and Linguistics’ Lecture Series in 2017-2018.
- This academic year the Winthrop-King co-sponsored one graduate student’s conference.
- In spring 2018, two students will be studying on our exchange program at the Université des Antilles in Martinique.
- In October 2017, twenty - seven speakers presented at the Winthrop-King’s conference “Stars and Strife: Writing America in Recent French and Francophone Literature.”
- In February 2018, one hundred and sixteen speakers presented at the Winthrop-King’s conference “Women in French 2018 Le bruit des femmes.”
- In March 2018, nine sessions during the Blues Writing: Jean Claude Charles and Modern Caribbean Literature were lived streamed on Facebook and received over two thousand seven hundred and fifteen views
- One thousand seven hundred seventy-five Winthrop King brochures, promoting the French program at Florida State University and the valuable work of the Winthrop-King Institute, were mailed out in 2017-2018. http://winthropking.fsu.edu/view-our-brochure
- Thanks to the Institute’s collaboration with the Center for the Advancement of Human Rights, the screening and Q & A with film directors of Une Autre Justice was a great success in October 2017.
- One Winthrop-King Postdoctoral Scholar was supported by the Institute.
- In partnership with the Center for the Advancement of Human Rights, one graduate student was selected to spend a month internship in Paris at France Terre d’Asile.
- Two issues of the journal Expressions maghrébines were produced thanks to the administrative and financial support of the Winthrop King Institute.